On 06.27.13 | In USCIS Blog, By USCIS Info
USCIS offers a free appointment based service system known as InfoPass which allows people to schedule appointments at your local USCIS office by using the internet 24/7.
InfoPass appointment system eliminates having to go to the local USCIS office in person to schedule an appointment.
- Cost nothing to schedule appointment
- Convenient to schedule your appointment via the Internet
- User Friendly with option of 12 languages available for translation
What you will need to access and use InfoPass:
- A computer with an Internet connection;
- Internet Explorer or other similar browser.
How InfoPass works:
- Select “Make an Appointment”;
- Enter in your mailing address Zip code (identifies and assigns correct USCIS office);
- Select the specific appointment you need to solve your problem (important);
- Provide your general information such as, name, date of birth, Zip code and telephone number;
- Select date and time for your appointment (if no date/time is convenient, check back at later time – new appointment dates/time are updated daily); and
- Once the appointment notice appears on your computer screen (indicating time, date and location of your appointment), print it out for your records for your scheduled InfoPass appointment.
Recommended documents to bring your InfoPass appointment:
Bring supporting documents that identify and explain the problem you are trying to resolve in scheduling your appointment. Suggested documents include:
- Confirmation printout of the InfoPass appointment notice;
- Government-issued identification. Any of the following:
- government-issued photo ID card,
- valid driver’s license, - Employment Authorization Document, or Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card (‘green card”)
- Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record; note: if your Form I-94 does not have a photo of you attached to it, then a passport or valid driver’s license would have to accompany as an additional form of identification.
- All immigration forms, receipt notices, approval or denial letters, translations and original documents that relate to your inquiry.
What to do if you need to reschedule InfoPass appointment?
- You can cancel or reschedule InfoPass appointments by using the identification numbers located at the bottom of your printed out appointment confirmation notice.
- If you cannot make your InfoPass appointment as schedule please cancel. There is no penalty for rescheduling or canceling an appointment.
- If you lose your appointment notice, you can always reprint a replacement by accessing the InfoPass system.
For General USCIS Inquiries
For general immigration matters, such as questions about USCIS forms, case status or green card renewal process which do not require a scheduled appointment to meet with a USCIS officer in person you can contact USCIS by phone at their National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375- 5283 or over the internet at www.uscis.gov
Click here to Schedule and Access the InfoPass Appointment System